1. Protect your business and your customers confidential data.
2. Avoid fines and legal action due to non compliance with new data protection legislation.
3. Avoid reputation damage and bad PR as a result of a confidential data breach.
- Client information
- Pricing information
- Sales figures
- Personnel or employee records
- Accounts payable/receivable information
- Anything containing your name and address
- Cancelled and voided cheques
- Utility bills
- ATM receipts and bank statements
- Documents containing passwords or PIN numbers